Sunday, September 7, 2014

My Very First Aerosol Mural.


Procession - Aerosol on wooden fence.

The summer of 2010 a friend of mine approached me about painting a mural on a fence of his. Immediately I accepted his proposal since I never had(at that time) the opportunity to do something like this before.  The fence he asked me to paint was 6 feet high by a good 48 feet in length. Definitely the largest painting I've done so far. My friend didn't have the money to pay me for the work but he paid for the paint and I got keep what ever was left over plus his wife and he kept me fed while I worked.
I may have worked for peanuts but it was well worth the time and effort!

Update: A few weeks ago my friend sends me a text with a picture attached saying he finally had to put the mural out of it's misery with the pic showing a freshly painted drab gray fence. I wasn't at all surprised due to the fact that the mural hadn't faired well through the Minnesota elements and quite a bit of the mural was faded and flaking after only two seasons. I told him I was ready to paint something new in if he was down for it. "I'm in no hurry though..." he said, "I'm happy enough for now with the basement mural you painted last fall."
Yes, I'm sure he is!

80's Arcade Hip Hop House Party - Aerosol on drywall.


No comments:

Post a Comment